Hotel Plaza Rosa - Medellin
This art nouveau design hotel is in the heart of the financial district of Medellin, a short distance from Olava Herrera and Jose Maria airports. Hotel Plaza Rosa offers a convenient destination for travelers wanting to sample the culture and main attractions of the city. Guests can request a shuttle for a fee from the airport, leave their luggage in their spacious guestrooms, and head out to explore the sights and sounds of this energetic city.
The Hotel Plaza Rosa is conveniently surrounded by shopping centers, popular restaurants, and movie theaters, all within walking distance. Guests can visit the popular and trendy Parque Lleras, a lively hub for nightlife with unique bars, restaurants, and entertainment. For attractions farther away, including a theme park, an area shuttle departs at scheduled times and is available for a fee, while convenient main roads provide access to all areas of the city. The hotel is also close to bicycle rentals and a running track/path.
Built in 2004 and renovated in 2013, this 3.5-star Medellin hotel boasts the superb Restaurante Tucano set in the beautiful hotel garden. The restaurant serves international cuisine for lunch and dinner, and guests can enjoy afternoon tea. There is a children's menu, and al fresco dining is also available. The hotel also provides a spacious sauna for relaxation. 8 meeting rooms are on-site for business travelers. The hotel's courteous and helpful staff is ready to provide assistance with anything from simple requests to sightseeing arrangements.
Wedding services, medical assistance, and laundry services are also available. The hotel has designated smoking areas, with fines imposed for smoking outside of them. Hotel Plaza Rosa offers accessible rooms, travel paths, and accessible parking. Please note that pets and service animals are not permitted.
Enter dates to check prices
Hotel Info: 1-877-214-4288from $53
- Single room
- Economy Room, No Windows
- Triple room
- Standard Room
- Family suite
Also popular with travelers from the USA
At a glance
- This hotel has 98 rooms
- This hotel is arranged over 6 floors
- Check-in time 3 PM-Midnight
- Check-out time is 1 PM
Required at check in
- Credit card or cash deposit required
- Government-issued photo ID required
- Minimum check-in age is 18
Travelling with others
- Children (10 years old and younger) stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding
- Parents must have child's birth certificate and photo ID *
- No pets or service animals allowed
- Roll-away beds available, charges may apply*
- Free WiFi in public areas
- Free WiFi and wired Internet access in rooms
- Airport shuttle at scheduled times *
- Free self parking
- Area shuttle *
- Theme park shuttle *
In the hotel
- Free buffet breakfast daily
- Room service (during limited hours)
- Coffee/tea in the lobby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Number of meeting rooms - 8
- Conference space
- Meeting rooms
- 24-hour front desk
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Laundry facilities
- Luggage storage
- Wedding services
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Year Built 2004
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Designated smoking areas (fines apply)
- Television in common areas
- Accessible bathroom
- In-room accessibility
- Roll-in shower
In the room
- Air conditioning
- Iron/ironing board (on request)
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Down comforter
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Turndown service
- Sofa bed
- Sofa bed size single
- Separate dining area
- Separate living room
- Private bathroom
- Shower only
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- 40-inch LCD TV
- Cable TV channels
- DVD player
- Free newspaper
- Free WiFi
- Free local calls
- Daily housekeeping
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
DiningRestaurante Tucano - Overlooking the garden, this restaurant specializes in international cuisine and serves lunch and dinner. Guests can enjoy alfresco dining (weather permitting). A children's menu is available.
Hotel Plaza Rosa - Medellin’s small print
If you are traveling with a child your hotel may require you to present the following documents: Parents traveling into Colombia with a child under 18 may be required to present the child's birth certificate and photo ID (passport for foreign visitors) upon check-in. If a relative or legal guardian is traveling into Colombia with the child, that relative or legal guardian may be required to present a notarized consent of travel signed by both parents and a copy of both parents' ID. If only one parent is traveling into Colombia with the child, that parent may be required to present a notarized consent of travel signed by the other parent. Visitors who plan to travel with children should consult with a Colombian consulate office prior to travel for further guidance.
Only registered guests are allowed in the guestrooms.
Some facilities may have restricted access. Guests can contact the property for details using the contact information on the booking confirmation.
Parking height restrictions apply.
For transfers, guests must contact the property 24 hours prior to arrival at the number on the booking confirmation.
You’ll be asked to pay the following charges at check in or check out:
- A 16 percent city/local tax will be charged
- The national sales tax (16%) is charged upon check-out to citizens of Colombia regardless of length of stay and to foreigners staying 60 consecutive days or more. Foreigners on a tourist visa are exempt from this tax. Furthermore, the tax may apply per room when the room is shared by a taxable and a nontaxable guest.
- Resort fee: COP 10000.00 per person, per night
Airport shuttle service is offered for an extra charge of COP 54000 per vehicle (one way)
Area shuttle and theme park shuttle service is offered for an extra charge