The Gritti Palace, a Luxury Collection Hotel - Venice
Directly overlooking the Grand Canal, with an incomparable view of Venice, the Gritti Palace is now one of the world's most celebrated hotels. In 2012, this hotel was included in the Condé Nast Gold List and the Travel & Leisure 500.
Commissioned in 1525 as the residence of the Doge Andrea Gritti, the Gritti Palace later became the official residence of the Vatican's ambassadors to Venice. Over the centuries, the hotel Gritti Palace has welcomed kings and queens, prime ministers, and presidents. A 15-month restoration of the hotel finished in February 2013.
Its ideal position continues to attract elite guests, with its luxury rooms, attentive service, and the savory Italian cuisine of the Club del Doge restaurant and Longhi Bar.
Hotel amenities include babysitting, ironing and laundry service, 1 meeting/conference room giving 120 square meters (1291 square feet) of space, a 24-hour fitness facility and complimentary wireless Internet access in all public areas. Spa services and massages can be arranged with advance appointments. Guests can make use of the seasonal outdoor pool, upon reservation, at a nearby partner property.
Enter dates to check prices
Hotel Info: 1-877-214-4288from $487
- Grand Double Room, 1 Double or 2 Single Beds, Canal View
- Deluxe Room
- Landmark Grand Canal View Room
- Serenissima Suite
- Giglio Prestige Room
- Serenissima Suite
- SERENISSIMA SUITE
- Double Room, 1 Queen Bed
- Suite, 1 King Bed
- Sestiere Suite
- Double or Twin Room
- Venetian room
- Deluxe Double Room
- Venetian Style Double room
Also popular with travelers from the USA
At a glance
- This hotel has 82 rooms
- This hotel is arranged over 4 floors
- Check-in time starts at 2 PM
- Check-out time is noon
Required at check in
- Credit card or cash deposit required
- Government-issued photo ID required
Travelling with others
- Babysitting/childcare *
- Pets stay free
- Restrictions apply *
- Up to 5 kg
- Roll-away beds available, charges may apply*
- Free WiFi and wired Internet access in public areas
- Free WiFi and wired Internet access in rooms
- No parking
In the hotel
- Breakfast (surcharge)
- 24-hour room service
- 24-hour fitness facilities
- Spa treatment room(s)
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Golfing nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Snorkeling nearby
- Water skiing nearby
- Windsurfing nearby
- Conference space size (feet) - 1291
- Conference space size (meters) - 120
- One meeting room
- 24-hour front desk
- Concierge services
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Free newspapers in lobby
- Wedding services
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Year Built 1525
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
In the room
- Climate control
- Air conditioning
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Turndown service
- Private bathroom
- Shower/tub combination
- Hair dryer
- Pay movies
- Satellite TV channels
- Free newspaper
- Free WiFi
- Free bottled water
- Daily housekeeping
- In-room safe
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
DiningClub del Doge - This restaurant specializes in Italian cuisine and serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
Bar Longhi - This bar serves light fare only.
Awards and affiliations
- The Gritti Palace, a Luxury Collection Hotel is listed in the 2012 Condé Nast Traveler Gold List of the world's best places to stay and the 2012 Travel + Leisure 500.
The Gritti Palace, a Luxury Collection Hotel - Venice’s small print
Cash transactions at this property cannot exceed EUR 2999.99, due to national regulations. For further details, please contact the property using information in the booking confirmation.
The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.
Pet-friendly rooms can be requested by contacting the property at the number on the booking confirmation.
Reservations are required for massage services and spa treatments and can be made by contacting the property before arrival at the number on the booking confirmation.
You’ll be asked to pay the following charges at check in or check out:
A tax is imposed by the city and will be collected at the property. This tax does not apply to residents of Venice City and children under 10 years of age. Further exemptions may apply, subject to submission of proper documents to the property, to patients, their companions and people staying in the city for specific purposes/duties. 30% reduction applies from 1-31 January.
- A tax is imposed by the city: EUR 5 per person, per night for adults; EUR 2.50 per night for guests aged 10-16 years old. This tax does not apply to children under 10 years of age.
Rollaway beds are available for an additional charge
Breakfast costs between EUR 39 and EUR 49 per person (approximately)
Babysitting/childcare is available for an extra charge
We have included all charges provided to us by this hotel. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.