Hotel Monaco & Grand Canal - Venice
Housed in an elegant art deco building dating back to the 17th century in the center of Venice, Hotel Monaco & Grand Canal is facing the Grand Canal, and is overlooking the Basilica della Salute and the Isola di San Giorgio Maggiore.
Guests staying at this 4-star Venice hotel can enjoy a rooftop terrace, free WiFi, and a 24-hour business center with modern meeting facilities. The fine-dining restaurant Ristorante Grand Canal serves international cuisine and is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. A multilingual staff and a 24-hour front desk are also available.
Enter dates to check prices
Hotel Info: 1-877-214-4288from $158
- Deluxe Double Room Canal View
- Classic Double or Twin Room
- Standard Single Room
- Superior Double or Twin Room
- Superior Single Room
- Junior Suite with partial city or courtyard view
- Classic Double room
- Exclusive Double Room, Terrace
- Suite with Grand Canal View
Also popular with travelers from the USA
At a glance
- This hotel has 99 rooms
- This hotel is arranged over 4 floors
- Check-in time starts at 2 PM
- Check-out time is Noon
Required at check in
- Credit card or cash deposit required
- Government-issued photo ID required
Travelling with others
- One child (2 years old and younger) stays free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding
- Babysitting/childcare *
- Pets not allowed
- Free WiFi and wired Internet access in public areas
- Free WiFi in rooms
- No parking
In the hotel
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
- Breakfast (surcharge)
- Coffee shop/café
- Snack bar/deli
- Room service
- 24-hour business center
- Conference space size (feet) - 7427
- Conference space size (meters) - 690
- One meeting room
- Conference center
- Computer station
- 24-hour front desk
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Laundry facilities
- Free newspapers in lobby
- Luggage storage
- Wedding services
- Year Built 1800
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Designated smoking areas
- Rooftop terrace
- Accessible bathroom
- In-room accessibility
- Roll-in shower
In the room
- Climate control
- Air conditioning
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Soundproofed rooms
- Turndown service
- Premium bedding
- Private bathroom
- Shower/tub combination
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- LCD TV
- Satellite TV channels
- Free WiFi
- Daily housekeeping
- In-room safe
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
DiningRistorante Grand Canal - This beachfront fine-dining restaurant specializes in international cuisine and serves breakfast, lunch, dinner, and light fare. Guests can order drinks at the bar and enjoy alfresco dining (weather permitting). A children's menu is available. Reservations are required.
- Personal motorized watercraft on site
- Golfing nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Parasailing nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Scuba diving nearby
- Snorkeling nearby
- Surfing/boogie boarding nearby
- Water skiing nearby
- Windsurfing nearby
Awards and affiliations
- Hotel Monaco & Grand Canal is listed in the 2011 Travel + Leisure 500.
- The property is a member of Preferred Hotels & Resorts.
Hotel Monaco & Grand Canal - Venice’s small print
Guests who book 5 or more rooms should contact the hotel for special instructions regarding policies and supplements. Contact information is provided in the reservation confirmation email.
Cash transactions at this property cannot exceed EUR 2999.99, due to national regulations. For further details, please contact the property using information in the booking confirmation.
The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.
Only registered guests are allowed in the guestrooms.
The name on the credit card used at check-in to pay for incidentals must be the primary name on the guestroom reservation.
You’ll be asked to pay the following charges at check in or check out:
A tax is imposed by the city and will be collected at the property. This tax does not apply to residents of Venice City and children under 10 years of age. Further exemptions may apply, subject to submission of proper documents to the property, to patients, their companions and people staying in the city for specific purposes/duties. 30% reduction applies from 1-31 January.
- A tax is imposed by the city: EUR 4.50 per person, per night for adults; EUR 2.25 per night for guests aged 10-16 years old. This tax does not apply to children under 10 years of age.
- New Year's Eve (31 December) Gala Dinner per adult: EUR 325.00
- New Year's Eve (31 December) Gala Dinner per child: EUR 0.00 (from 0 to 2 years old)
Breakfast is offered for an extra charge of EUR 25 per person (approximately)
Babysitting/childcare is available for an extra charge
We have included all charges provided to us by this hotel. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.